About The Source
Our Purpose: To enrich the lives of women and build stronger communities.
The Source is a network for women in business created by BankPlus. The bank created this program to empower Mississippi women by providing access to capital, education and networking events. The Source supports women in business at all levels, across varied industries, business sizes and professions. Whether you are starting in business, growing a business, seeking professional development, or have already had success in business, we hope you will go to The Source.
Here is what our network for women has to offer:
- One-click registration for our educational and networking events
- Videos of previous educational events
- Access to The Source Member Directory
- Access to our podcast – Inside Source
- Informative weekly blog posts
- Our monthly newsletter – The ReSource
- Overall, the number of women-owned businesses grew by 74% between 1997 and 2015—a rate that’s 1.5 times the national average. –State of Women-Owned Business Report from American Express Open
- Between 2002 and 2012, the greatest growth in the number of women-owned firms has been seen in Mississippi (+89%), Texas (+85%), Florida (+85%), and Louisiana (+74%) – all Southern states. –US Census Bureau’s Survey of Business Owners
- Only 16 percent of conventional small-business loans go to women entrepreneurs. Only 39 percent of women looking to expand their businesses get a conventional loan, compared with 52 percent of male-owned companies. ––“21st Century Barriers to Women’s Entrepreneurship,” 2014 Senate Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committee.
- Women account for 51% of all occupations in the Jackson, MS MSA yet only 35% of management occupations.—Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership
The number of women-owned businesses continues to grow at a rate faster than the national average, particularly here in Mississippi where the growth of women-owned firms has increased 89% since 2002. This growth places Mississippi sixth in the nation.
Despite the rapid growth of women-owned businesses and number of women in our local workforce, women continue to face challenges in attaining access to capital and business networks. BankPlus has the opportunity to provide both to female business owners and professionals. Through The Source, BankPlus will advance economic opportunities for women in our state and build stronger communities by supporting women in business.
A Financial Institution Committed to Empowering Women
BankPlus operates under the same philosophy at every level: It’s more than a name. It’s a promise.
This promise refers to the bank’s unwavering commitment to building stronger communities through everything we do. BankPlus understands the connection between successful women and strong communities. When women succeed, our homes and communities are stronger. For this reason, we created The Source.
We know successful women make our communities stronger because women make our bank stronger. The BankPlus staff is 74% women, with female employees serving at all levels of our bank, many in senior leadership roles.
Between supporting the growth of women within our own organization, committing capital to women in business and creating The Source, BankPlus is a financial institution dedicated to the empowerment of women.
BankPlus, with total assets of more than $2.75 billion, has banking offices throughout the state of Mississippi. For additional information on BankPlus, please visit www.BankPlus.net.